30-Day Sugar Detox
When you think of cutting back on (or quitting) sugar, what’s the first thing that pops into your head?
Are you wondering if it’s even possible? If you have enough willpower? If you’ll be able to get through stressful days without sugar? If you’ll be stuck eating weird hippie leaf food all the time and staying home on Friday nights while everyone else is out having sugar-filled fun without you?
And what will your friends think? Will your mom be offended if you turn down her famous apple pie? Can you have fun at a birthday party without eating cake? And, if you do have a piece of cake, how can you stop that one piece from turning into seven pieces?
And shit, without sugar, how will you reward yourself? How will you treat yourself? How will you celebrate when you’ve “earned” something special?
All of those questions (and so many more) are completely normal. You’re not alone. And I promise that quitting sugar doesn’t have a fucking thing to do with willpower. Or eating cardboard. Or being a friend-less hermit.
So, truth time: Do you want to reduce the amount of sugar in your diet?
Do you want to feel in control of your food choices? Do you want to get a handle on your emotional eating and insatiable cravings? Do you want to learn more about sugar to see if it could be the cause of your mood swings, energy dips, weight-gain, restless sleep, weak immune system, or low sex-drive?
If so, you’re in exactly the right place.
Because guess what?
Out of control.
… or unable to make real, lasting changes.
It just means you’re stuck in the sugar cycle – with emotional food baggage and eating habits to match.
Which is where the 30-Day Sugar Detox comes in – a bullshit-free, beginner-friendly, real-talk, judgment-free, here’s-everything-you-need-to-know-to-get-control-of-your-sugar-habits program, created by a recovering sugar addict (me!) for anyone who wants to eat less sugar (you!) without starving, crying, giving up everything you love, or having to stay home being a lonely loner because everyone you know is out eating dessert for a friend’s birthday and you’re afraid to join them because it might “ruin your diet.”
Spoiler alert: This isn’t a freakin’ diet.
It’s a nutritional playground for fun-loving people who don’t want to spend their lunch breaks at their desk force-eating a sad little salad. You know, real people who have jobs and relationships and hobbies and vacations and appointments and family stress and bills to pay and shit to do other than think about sugar.
People who know that a healthy diet has to be sustainable.
Because if the changes you make during a 30-day program aren’t sustainable, then really, what’s the damn point of doing the program in the first place?
Which is precisely where I come in.
I’m a recovering sugar-fiend, and I’ve created the 30-Day Sugar Detox because I know how frustrated you feel about being stuck in the sugar cycle. I know that you want to feel empowered and fit and sexy and totally in control of what you eat and why you eat it. I know that you want to eat well, but that you also want to have a fucking life.
In sum, I help real people detox from sugar – physically, yes, but more than anything this is an emotional detox – to ensure that you can change your relationship with sugar for good.
Said another way, this program will give you:
Simple, actionable, and realistic tools for reducing or eliminating the sugar in your diet – so that you can get back to other things. Like making out with your crush. And planning your trip to Italy. And learning how to play guitar. And all the rest of the little things called your life.
How It Works
The 30-Day Sugar Detox is broken down into six simple (and realistically do-able) 5-day phases, as follows, with the actual detox itself happening in phase 5:
Phase 1 – Connection (or: Why We Eat What We Eat)
- A detailed questionnaire that cuts right to the heart of why you eat what you eat
- Tips on understanding the root of your current food habits
- An inside look at my (very personal) sugar story
- A breakdown of the three core human needs (and why we often turn to sugar to meet them)
- How to identify your emotional-eating triggers
- The difference between moderation vs all-or-nothing eating styles
- The damaging role of perfectionism (and how to beat it)
- A look at all the most common fears about going low-sugar or sugar-free (you aren’t alone!)
- A primer on setting realistic expectations and goals for this program (and your diet overall)
- The secret power of the red Sharpie (shh, you’ll see!)
- Five days worth of small action steps
Phase 2 – Education (or: What the fuck is sugar?)
- A clear and decisive answer to the question “What does sugar actually do to my body?”
- What you need to know about white flours and other simple carbs
- The difference between natural sugar, added sugar, refined sugar, and sugar substitutes (like Stevia)
- The truth about artificial sweeteners
- Diseases and health conditions linked directly to sugar (and why you should care)
- An easy-to-understand list of the different types of sugar, and the sneaky names food companies use to hide them in your food (complete with cheat sheets to save to your phone!)
- Guide to reading read food labels and identifying hidden sugars
- What The Hell is the Glycemic Index? (a handy reference chart)
- Five days worth of small action steps, complete with printable worksheets and absolutely everything you need
Phase 3 – Observation (or: You Can’t Change Until You Know Where You’re Starting From)
- Why it’s important to collect real data before making any changes
- How to act like a scientist
- How to re-train your judge-y brain
- How to grocery shop like a sugar-free pro
- Myth-busting truths about willpower (plus four willpower exercises to try)
- Five days of intensely guided food-journaling (it’s more than just writing down what you eat)
Phase 4 – Preparation (or: How To Get Pumped & Ready To Detox!)
- How to get your body and mind (and kitchen) ready for a sugar detox
- What to expect (physically & emotionally) during the detox
- A progressive five-day reduction of the sweet stuff
- Create-your-own detox meal plan exercise (complete with shopping list template)
- A detailed list of approved detox foods, as well as the “no-nos” to avoid
- Five days worth of small action steps, complete with printable worksheets and absolutely everything you need
Phase 5 – Detoxification (or: Five Totally Sugar-Free Days)
- Super hand-hold-ey five-day sugar detox (I’ve got your back here, don’t worry!)
- Instructions for how to use the meal plan you created during the prep period
- Printable templates for tracking what you’re consuming and how you feel during each phase of the detox
- The truth about food cravings (and what to do about ‘em)
- How to properly come out of detox (hint: not by eating a pint of ice cream because you “earned it”)
Phase 6 – Integration (or: What The Hell To Do After The Detox)
- A delicious selection of sugar-free and low-sugar recipes with ingredients you recognize and can actually pronounce
- The ultimate “here’s how to create a personalized meal plan that actually fucking works for you” template
- Strategies for how to figure out what you really want to include in your diet going forward (hint: you don’t have to completely eliminate sugar to reap tons of benefits!)
- Why you don’t need to label yourself and your diet
- Help articulating your true sugar-related goals
- Why you need to eat from a perspective of “top priority”
- How to change your sugar story
- 10 Foods To Start Eating Immediately (and why!)
- Scripts & tips for talking to family, friends, strangers, waiters, bosses, etc. about your food choices
- What to do when all your friends/co-workers are inhaling cupcakes and pressuring you to eat one (see also: how to make your food changes sustainable without losing all your friends)
- How to handle dining out at restaurants
- How to use the concept of “dietary training wheels”
- How to get back on track if you eat some things you wish you wouldn’t have eaten
*Bonus: 30 Days of Experimentation*
- The single most important habit you need to build to tackle sugar
- An easy-to-use food log template for the 30 days following the program
- Recommended list of books, movies, and podcasts to keep you inspired and well-informed
So, to recap, if you:
- Are frustrated with past attempts to ditch sugar
- Want to build a gorgeously fulfilling no-sugar or low-sugar life
- Are exhausted from the cycle of wanting to change your eating habits and not being able to make it happen
Then you should stop giving yourself such a hard time because [turns up the volume on her megaphone]:
Quitting sugar isn’t about willpower
- You absolutely can do this
- You’re about to join a one-of-a-kind program that gives you all of the tools, support, and care you need to build the sugar-free life you want
Originally I wasn’t going to host another session until spring/summer 2014, but enough lovely people have shouted about wanting a sooner start date, so we’re kicking this off on January 1. What better way to start the new year, right? So, if you want to grab a spot, just click the pretty pink button below to register and you’ll be all set.
Want to learn more about pricing and what (specifically) is included?
The 30-Day Sugar Detox Program – $99
- The entire 30-day program (PDF & printable worksheet format)
- 30-day bonus module to teach you the benefits of experimenting with your food choices
- Five 30-60 minute audio recordings of fun, action-packed, super useful interviews with experts on nutrition, emotional eating, quitting sugar, and self-love
- 30 super-freakin-honest daily emails directly from me detailing exactly what I ate each day of the program – includes grocery lists, recipes, and more! (Want to see what a super low-sugar diet looks like in real life? Then yeah, you totally need this.)
- Access to the Sugar Detox Party, a private Facebook group open during the 30 days of the program, where you’ll be able to meet fun people from all over the world who are going through this exact same process with you, so that you have unlimited peer support and people to swap real-life meal planning and emotional coping tools with (and yep, I’ll be heavily involved here, too, answering every single question you have throughout the entire program!)
- A three-month accountability buddy, assigned to you after the completion of the program (based on a private survey you’ll complete about the type of accountability you want and need)
Will I be able to keep all of the program materials to read/use again and again?
All of the program materials are downloadable, so they’re yours to keep forever and ever!
What if I don’t want to completely give up sugar? Is this still a good fit for me?
You don’t have to go completely sugar-free to benefit from this program. At the heart of it, this program is an experiment, and it’s a good fit for anyone who’s interested in reducing the amount of sugar in their diet, getting to the heart of emotional sugar cravings, eating with intention, and using their post-program clarity and knowledge to decide what’s next.
How big of a time commitment will this be?
On the first day of each 5-day phase of the program, you’ll receive the materials for those five days, along with a checklist of what to do, and when. It should take you about an hour or two to go through the materials on the first day of each phase, and then you’ll have one or two action steps to complete per day after that. In short, it’s meant to be a program that fits in with your real life, so don’t worry, you won’t be spending eleventy hundred hours watching training videos or any of that crap.
Will this work for me? I’ve joined other programs and wasn’t able to stick with them long-term. How is this different?
Listen. No program works unless YOU work. If you’re expecting The 30-Day Sugar Detox to be a magic fix, you shouldn’t sign up. If you’re expecting this to be totally effortless, you shouldn’t sign up. I’ve spent an insane amount of hours creating this program, but you can’t get results just by signing up and having access to it – you have to do the work. Success with this, as with anything, requires consistent, focused effort, and I’ve done my best to give you a program that’s easy to follow, clear, and well-rounded. But it’s not a magic program, and I’m not going to feed you a bunch of bullshit about how easy it’s going to be to cut sugar out of your life, because it’s not. But, if you’re serious about this commitment and about investing in yourself and in this goal, then I have absolutely no doubt that you’ll be able to do it. Because, like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it.
How is the content packaged? Will I get everything all at once?
This program is broken up into six mini phases, each 5-days in length. On the first day of each 5-day phase of the program, you’ll receive the materials for those five days, along with a checklist of what to do, and when. All of the material will arrive in PDF and printable worksheet form, and are yours to keep forever and ever.
What if I have questions while I’m going through the program?
Quitting sugar is such a tough thing to do alone, and I applaud the proactive step you’re taking in asking about support for yourself during the program. Support is key! That’s why we have our private Facebook group, so you have completely access to me and to all of the other people in this program.
What if I’m not ready now? When will I be able to enroll again?
If you want to do this program, do it now. There’s no such thing as being “ready” and there will never be a perfect time for anything, right?
What if I try the program and don’t feel like it’s a good fit for me?
I’m happy to let you test-drive the course for the first 15 days. If you complete all of the work and don’t feel like the program is a good fit for you, I’ll be happy to refund 100% of your money.
Please note: In order to be eligible for the refund, you must send me all of your completed “homework” from each of the first 15 days. Yes, this means YOU must take action in the program. Why? Because I know for sure that if you take action and really commit to this process, you’ll see results.
Wait, how can I sign up again?
Easy peasy. Just click here!
More honest feedback from past detox alumni (aka people just like you!)
One final note:
As you know, I’m not a nutritionist. I’m not a therapist and I’m not a chef. I’m just a regular girl who, after 26 years of eating way too much fucking sugar, decided to start eliminating it from her diet to see what would happen.
I first started the process of quitting sugar in December 2011, and since then I’ve gone through all the emotional and physical ups and downs that come from overhauling your food habits. So, while I’m not an “expert,” I am indeed an “expert beginner,” and I know what it’s like to dream about changing your diet while having absolutely no idea where to start.
If you’re interested in spending 30 days learning more about sugar and how to eat with intention, this program is probably a great fit for you. But, of course, everyone’s needs are different and there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all program. (If there were, believe me, I wouldn’t be the first to create it!)
Below, you’ll find my legal disclaimer, but I consider this little preamble to be a “common sense disclaimer.” You know yourself much better than I do, and you know if starting a 30-day sugar detox is a good fit for you. If you have any questions, talk to your doctor, and if you have a history of eating disorders, chronic medical conditions, or anything else that would prevent you from safely completing a sugar detox, then this program might not be the best match for your needs.
More than anything, I want to help everyone in this program succeed, and part of success is knowing what’s right for you from the start. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to give me a shout at nicole[at]lifelessbullshit[dot]com.
The Legal Stuff:
All materials available on this website and in the upcoming program The 30-Day Sugar Detox are presented for information and educational purposes only. This general information is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace your healthcare professional.
While medical research concludes that it is generally not necessary to see a health care provider before beginning dietary changes that are of light or moderate intensity, I encourage you to talk with your health care provider about your health and nutrition as part of your regular visits.
Nicole Antoinette and her respective agents, heirs, assigns, contractors, and employees shall not be liable for any claims, demands, damages, rights of action or causes of action, present or future, arising out of or connected to the use of any of the information contained in this Website and upcoming program, including any injuries or medial conditions resulting therefrom.
Additionally, I caution you to know your limits – if you experience any physical symptoms that cause concern, stop the program immediately and obtain qualified medical advice and/or assistance.